FND Hope UK is a registered charity in England and Wales (no 1173607). We promote awareness of FND through education and raising public understanding in England and Wales. We are dedicated to supporting those individuals affected with functional symptoms by advancing research into practical applications for the prevention, treatment and recovery of FND.
We are uniting patients and their families from the UK with leading researchers and advocates to pioneer a new standard of care for FND throughout the world.
FND Hope UK Board Members
Click here to read more about each Board Member
Bridget Mildon – Chairperson FND Hope UK & CEO/Founder FND Hope – email@example.com
Dawn Golder – Executive Director FND Hope UK / Trustee – firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Bayliss – Treasurer FND Hope UK – email@example.com
Matt Birtwistle – Trustee FND Hope UK – firstname.lastname@example.org
Louyse McConnell-Trevillion – Trustee FND Hope UK
Address: 21 Chetwode, Banbury, Oxon, OX16 1QN
Our mission is to provide awareness, support affected individuals and advance research. We aim to drive high quality standards for FND care while empowering patients to better health
A world where FND patients can expect to be treated with dignity, care and respect, regardless of the cause of their symptoms
The relief of sickness and preservation of health of those affected by Functional Neurological Disorder (FND) and their families, carers and communities. In particular, but not exclusively by:
- Raising awareness and understanding of the general public into the nature, causes, diagnosis, prevent, treatment and recovery of FND through social media, charitable events, medical conference and any other educational means such as leaflets and booklets
- Coordinating a voluntary FND patients register to assist doctors in the advancement of new and ongoing research, prevent, treatment and recovery of FND in partnership with the Genetic Alliance.
- Working with Medical and Allied Health Professionals to provide a better understanding of FND, improve medical protocols, and promote ethical standards for FND through personal contact, advocacy and training.
We are a force for change, uniting the FND community in the pursuit of empowering and improving the health and of those diagnosed with FND or battling medical uncertainty:
- Empower individuals to advocate for themselves
- Grow a supportive patient network
- Improve understanding through education
- Cultivate and pioneer best practices for ethical patient centred care
- Build an environment of collaboration and communications
- Accelerate and support science based research
- Foster receptively to new discoveries
- Operate with integrity and transparency